The recommended spark plug gap is designed to be adequate for cold starting and smooth driving on a car that is in need of an engine tune up. If you drive your car normally and tune the engine regularly, you can increase the spark plug gap by about 0.010" for better performance and better fuel economy.
4th gen 4runner fuel tank removal
- Aug 14, 2011 · All engines need the same thing to run 1-Air 2-Fuel 3-Compression 4-Properly timed hot spark "fire" When checking spark at the plug remember "red is dead, blue will do, white is all right, and fat is where it's at.
- Can't figure out why this won't start 4.3 V6 Chevy
With more fuel getting injected into the engine, the spark plugs will be made to work harder as well, causing them to be the first component to go bad. You’ll notice that they’ll get blackened ends much faster than before. Cleaning them won’t help too much; you’ll get a smooth running for a while till they get dirty again.
- May 01, 2011 · I put the TBI on the 350 with an edelbrock in take and a adaptor plate to put the TBI on the 4 barrel in take. right now everything is hooked up except the O2 sensor and it starts fine and idles but if you give it some gas or just start to go it runs like crap. almost dies. but if I give it full throttle it runs pretty strong. but when you get ...
Jan 17, 2013 · Ran rough moved it around the yard .sat for 5 minutes went to start it and no go.checked the fuel and spark but won't start. Doesn't sound the same,sounds like its cranking faster.
- First off I know this is an old post but it pertains to similar issues I'm having. I have a 93 K1500 TBI 350 and it has no spark at all. I've checked the module, checked the pickup coil, checked the coil itself and can't figure it out. I have 12 volts going to the coil and I do have fuel spraying from the injectors.
Disable the fuel injection system so that gasoline mist won’t spray out of the spark plug holes and possibly ignite. Remove the fuse labeled “Fuel Pump”; then start the car and let it run until it stalls from lack of gasoline. Label and remove the boots that connect each spark plug wire and each spark plug.
- Connect all spark plug wires, being sure to get them on the right terminal and in the right order. Next, install the carb and gasket on the manifold, and tighten the bolts to spec. Be sure to install the throttle return spring in the most convenient place (mine is under the rear drivers side bolt that holds the carb on), so it keeps tension on ...
and it won't start now. it carnks over but will not start up. iam not getting any spark or fuel. i am getting fuel presure to the tbi, but the injectors are not spraying. fuel pump turns on. i have put a new distributor in along with a coil,wires, modual. i have power going to the coil and distributor,but still no spark. checked all grounds.
- Also the fuel pump boss is still present but undrilled (which dates back to the 1992 model year for production engines without a fuel pump blockoff plate - some marine/industrial blocks and crate motors sold over the counter via GM dealerships e.g. Goodwrench, ZZ6, 350 H.O. retain the use of a mechanical fuel pump).
Spitting and coughing can also be commonly caused by the accelerator pump in the carb not squirting enough fuel before the main jets start working. If you spit the instant you blip the throttle, then it's probably the accelerator pump in the carb not working, or not squirting enough fuel, so the engine takes a gulp of air and goes lean, which ...
- Why wont the fuel go to the carburetor on 1989 chevy 350 cdi. It has new injectors, fuel pump, and fuel filter. The injectors are mounted in a throttle body. If you have normal fuel pressure at the injectors, they may not be getting power and ground from the engine computer.
Engine Will Not Start - But Fuel Pump, Spark And Compression Are Good. January 23, 2020 No Start. Engine Will Not Start - But Fuel Pump, Spark And Compression Are Good All engines require three things to start and run: spark, fuel and compression. If any one of these is missing, your engine will not start.